Monday, May 4, 2020

EOTO part 2 - CARDFIGHT VANGUARD



CEO Amaterasu (V Series) | Cardfight!! Vanguard Wiki | FandomDragonic Vanquisher (SVR) - V-EB12: Team Dragon's Vanity ...Blaster Blade (XVR) - Aerial Steed Liberation, Cardfight Vanguard ...






My final Blog will be about something that I hold close to me.  It is a game called Cardfight Vanguard.  This game is a Japanese trading card game, like Yu-Gi-Oh and the American TCG Magic the Gathering.  I was tough the game by one of the first upperclassmen I met at college during my freshman year.  I was with my friend Will in the first floor of Smith Liberty on a Saturday night.  His name is Max and we are still Really close friends to this day after he graduated last year.  Also he lives like 2 miles from me in Raleigh and apparently, we worked together for like 3 years and didn't even know it, haha.  But i was with my friend Will playing Magic the Gathering and he was doing homework.  he saw us playing and told us about the TCG club he runs at the school on weekends and to check it out.  We went to it and made alot of new friends and memories.  I learned the game Cardfight Vanguard there from him and I have to say, it is one of the cheapest and most fun TCG games I have ever played. 

The story of the game is  is a story which revolves around the collectible card game with the same name. On a planet much like the Earth called “Cray”, you battle your opponent with the help of your units. Cardfighters become Vanguards, and lead their units towards victory!  There are 24 different clans which incumbent hundreds of different units.  There is a play style to fit everyone.  You like dragons fight for Dragon Empire where we have Flame Dragons ruled by Dragonic Overlord, or my clan of choice the Thunder Dragons ruled by Dragonic Vanquisher.  There are also Ninja clans, Dinosaurs, Mermaids, Pirates, Demons and Vampires, a Football clan called Spike Brothers( American Football), An Imperial Navy, Time Dragons, Bugs, Plants with the power of the Forrest, Intergalactic Police force, the evil Link Joker clan full of cyber dragons and the Savor or the planet Cray Genesis Dragon Messiah, and many more clans out there.  

My local game store here in Raleigh is where we play on weekends and we would drive down to play at it on weekends for their shop tournaments.  I met a great community of people at the shop from many different backgrounds.  They were like a tinny family and they invited me in without hesitation.  After about a year of playing and winning some shop tournaments,  I felt was ready to play at the nation level and went to my first regional tournament in White Plans, New York.  I was facing some of the best Cardfighters in the county and I did pretty dam well.  This tournament was a team format you having a team of 3.  I led my team and we called our selves The Try Hard Casals, or T.H.C. for short.   I was me, my friend Max who tough me how to play who used the power of the Orical Think Tank, a clan or fortune tellers and Goddess, and our friend Robby, who fought with the power of the Royal Paladin clan, the Holy Knights of the planet Cray, let by his avatar Blaster Blade.  together we fought our way but sadly lost at the Final round of the preliminaries coming in at 54 out of 578 teams.  If we would have won, we would had made top 8.  But it was fun, we learned alot and made new friends.  We planed to go back to the the Regional in White Plans again and than Atlanta, but Covid-19 came and canceled 2020.  Even thought our plans were canceled, we still play with each other over discord and in different Facebook, like the one I run called Try Hard Casuals.  In the group I run, we have cardfighter from all over the world, in the US, Italy, Germany, Belgium, the UK, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Canada.  I look forward to when I can play with them and my friends from our shop Game Theory once again.  Playing the game has made me even more or a people person and improve my communication skills greatly, plus its always pun to teach new people no matter how old they are.  I can't wait for this quarantine to be over but who knows how long that will take haha.  If your reading this and interested in what the game is more ill post some likes to the game and the anime the game is based off or. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTyO64RuRZM&list=PLZaz0lCoygozQ6BUQLHT2qs6q75tk69je - Episode 1 of the Anime in English dub where they show you how to play in episode 1 + 2 (its a good anime, the main character is not overpowered)



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6fyPt4XTnQ - How to play Cardfight Vanguard explained in Japanese with subtitles by game makers


How to play the game explained by the maker of the game.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS881US881&sxsrf=ALeKk022YtU4AcIUFIgrpfZWBPT70dNaCA%3A1588590235744&ei=m_avXuf6LIeOsQWkz4G4Cg&q=how+to+play+cardfight+vanguard&oq=how+to+play&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgQIABBDMgQIABBDMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAA6BAgAEEc6BQgAEJECOgUIABCDAToECCMQJzoICAAQkQIQiwM6BwgAEEMQiwM6CAgAEIMBEIsDOgUIABCLA1DRqGBYnLlgYP_BYGgAcAV4AIABcYgB7AeSAQM4LjOYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6uAEC&sclient=psy-ab#kpvalbx=_6_yvXqL9JMmMtgXY8rPADg66


No comments:

Post a Comment